This page and posts will focus on a list of books and articles read by a group of teachers a year before Ozark Catholic Academy will open and continue as community beyond the doors opening.
This list is not in a rigid order or by no means a comprehensive list. It is organic, in the sense of as I met and got know in a brief way each teacher and where they are intellectually and in faith these works are the ones chosen for this group. Lists can come from where each group are in a personal way, but fundamental to any list for teachers gathering for the first time to build a school, certain questions and thoughts should be underlying:
- The Holy See’s Teaching on Catholic Schools, Archbishop Michael Miller
- “Knowledge, Virtue and Holiness”, Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone
- “Toward a Distinctly Catholic School”, Stratford Caldecott
- Manalive, G. K. Chesterton
- “Why Catholic Education is Better Education”, Michael Hanby